Starting this July our Pilates Teacher Wendy Scott will be holding a monthly 'Pilates for Runners workshop'. Open to runners of all levels from recreational to competitive, whether training for short sprints or long distance. No previous Pilates experience is necessary.
These 2 hour sessions will use a Pilates based exercise programme to help maintain and enhance your performance. With focus on optimum running technique and the prevention of common running injuries.
The first summer dates of the workshop are:-
Sunday 16th July, 2 - 4pm
Sunday 6th August, 2 - 4pm
The cost of the workshop is £25 and can be booked via the online booking system on the Pilates page of this website. If you would like any further information please contact Wendy on email@example.com.
Please note we have a 24 hour cancellation policy for this workshop.
Module 1 - Foundation Course
Dates: 24th to 27th August 2017
Dates: 2nd - 5th December 2017
Time: 10am - 6pm daily
YogaBeez is a registered Children‘s Yoga School offering a 4-day practical Foundation Course - Teaching Yoga to Children - or a full 95 hour (3 modules with a mentorship programme) certification, which is accredited with Yoga Alliance.
This 4-day Foundation Teacher training is available to yoga teachers, nursery and primary school teachers, therapists or parents who want to start introducing yoga into the lives of children they work with. It focuses on nursery, preschool and primary school age children, and the foundations for teaching a well-rounded class. YogaBeez incorporates all aspects of the traditional yoga practice blended with Montessori philosophy and works of Howard Gardner and Thich Nhat Hanh to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child.
What we cover in the weekend:
* Explore the brief history of yoga and the 8 fold path
* Stages of Child Development (ages 2-11)
* Learn how to incorporate education and exercise of the “Whole” child
* Explore the educators, yogi's and psychologists who have inspired this program
* Discuss the ethics of a good teacher yoga teacher
* Discover and practice classroom management skills
* Practice and play with essential warm ups, breathing techniques and child
* Have fun with partner poses and group yoga games
* See how yoga comes to life with music and books
* Experience the joy of affirmations and relaxation
* Observation, discussion, preparation and teaching a class with this age group.
What you will receive:
* 4 days of practical, hands-on children's yoga
* Detailed manual of poses, philosophy, teaching tips, book list, lesson plans and
* Lesson plans and ideas to create many more
* Foundation certificate for Teaching Yoga to Children
* Access to Liability insurance
* Continuing education hours if you are registered with Yoga Alliance
Fee: £550 or early bird fee booked 8 weeks in advance - £500
Please note that YogaBeez also offeres an Advanced training course to those who have already completed an accredited children's yoga training. See website for details.
Module 2 - Advanced Course
Dates: 31st October to 5th November 2017
Time: 9.30am - 6.30pm daily
This NEW 6-day training and is open to children's yoga teachers who would like to further their knowledge and understanding of children's yoga mindfulness for children ages 3 - 18yrs.
We delve into the world of anatomy and physiology, basic first aid, more advanced
poses, mindfulness and meditation for children, writing guided imagery, further classroom management, nutrition and healthy living, social and emotional development, group and partner
The second half of the training focuses on working with teens, their development (body, brain, social, emotional etc) through the ages 12 – 18yrs. We introduce working with students who have special needs. Explore pranayama, vinyasa, massage and nutrition.
After mind mapping, lesson planning and creating original guided imagery with your group, you will teach a hands-on children's or teen yoga class. Throughout the training your own yoga practice and inner exploration will continue to deepen and we will look further at getting your classes up and running, contacting schools, social media etc.
What we cover over 6 days:
* Social and Emotional Development 5 -11 yrs
* Yoga Poses and Breath work suitable for Primary School age
* Anatomy and physiology
* Affirmations and guided imagery
* Mindfulness and meditation for all ages
* Partner poses and group games
* Nutrition and healthy living
* Props, music and books
* Mind mapping and Lesson planning
* Classroom management
* Anatomy and physiology of adolescents - development through the teens
* The changes in the brain
* Neuroscience and Mindfulness
* Teen stress and media influence
* Yoga asana and vinyasa
* Pranayama for teens
* Restorative Yoga and Massage
* Chakras, chanting, mudras and mantras
* Intro to Yoga for children with special needs
* Tips for setting up your Yoga practice
* Contacting schools and social media
* Basic first aid, health and safety, insurance,
* Liability release etc.
If you would like any further information, a booking form or would like to chat about this training please don't hesitate to contact Bryony:
Phone: 07941 006285
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead