Module 1 - Foundation Course - Teach Yoga and Mindfulness to Children aged 2 - 12 years
Date: 22nd - 25th August 2019 (In Peckham studio)
Date: 5th - 8th December 2019 (In Peckham studio)
Time: 10am - 6pm daily
YogaBeez is a registered Children‘s Yoga School offering a 4-day practical Foundation Course - Teaching Yoga to Children - or a full 95 hour (Foundation and Advnaced modules with a mentorship programme) certification, which is accredited with Yoga Alliance.
This 4-day Foundation Teacher training is available to yoga teachers, nursery and primary school teachers, therapists or parents who want to start introducing yoga into the lives of children they work with. It focuses on nursery, preschool and primary school age children, and the foundations for teaching a well-rounded class. YogaBeez incorporates all aspects of the traditional yoga practice blended with Montessori philosophy and works of Howard Gardner and Thich Nhat Hanh to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child.
What we cover in the weekend:
* Explore the brief history of yoga and the 8 fold path
* Stages of Child Development (ages 2-12)
* Learn how to incorporate education and exercise of the “Whole” child
* Explore the educators, yogi's and psychologists who have inspired this program
* Discuss the ethics of a good teacher yoga teacher
* Discover and practice classroom management skills
* Practice and play with essential warm ups, breathing techniques and child
* Have fun with partner poses and group yoga games
* See how yoga comes to life with music and books
* Experience the joy of affirmations and relaxation
* Observation, discussion, preparation and teaching a class with this age group.
What you will receive:
* 4 days of practical, hands-on children's yoga
* Detailed manual of poses, philosophy, teaching tips, book list, lesson plans and
* Lesson plans and ideas to create many more
* Foundation certificate for Teaching Yoga to Children
* Access to Liability insurance
* Continuing education hours if you are registered with Yoga Alliance
Fee: £600 or early bird fee booked 8 weeks in advance - £550
Please note that YogaBeez also offeres an Advanced training course to those who have already completed an accredited children's yoga training. See website for details.
Module 2 - Advanced Course - Teach Yoga and Mindfulness to children and young people/teens. Also included yoga for children with additional needs.
Date: 24th - 29th September 2019
Time: 9.30am - 6.30pm daily
This 6-day training and is open to children's yoga teachers who would like to further their knowledge and understanding of children's yoga mindfulness for children ages 3 - 18yrs.
We delve into the world of anatomy and physiology, basic first aid, more advanced
poses, mindfulness and meditation for children, writing guided imagery, further classroom management, nutrition and healthy living, social and emotional development, group and partner
The second half of the training focuses on working with teens, their development (body, brain, social, emotional etc) through the ages 12 – 18yrs. We introduce working with students who have special needs. Explore pranayama, vinyasa, massage and nutrition.
After mind mapping, lesson planning and creating original guided imagery with your group, you will teach a hands-on children's or teen yoga class. Throughout the training your own yoga practice and inner exploration will continue to deepen and we will look further at getting your classes up and running, contacting schools, social media etc.
What we cover over 6 days:
* Social and Emotional Development 5 -11 yrs
* Yoga Poses and Breath work suitable for Primary School age
* Anatomy and physiology
* Affirmations and guided imagery
* Mindfulness and meditation for all ages
* Partner poses and group games
* Nutrition and healthy living
* Props, music and books
* Mind mapping and Lesson planning
* Classroom management
* Anatomy and physiology of adolescents - development through the teens
* The changes in the brain
* Neuroscience and Mindfulness
* Teen stress and media influence
* Yoga asana and vinyasa
* Pranayama for teens
* Restorative Yoga and Massage
* Chakras, chanting, mudras and mantras
* Intro to Yoga for children with special needs
* Tips for setting up your Yoga practice
* Contacting schools and social media
* Basic first aid, health and safety, insurance,
* Liability release etc.
Fee: £850 or early bird fee booked 8 weeks in advance - £800
If you would like any further information, a booking form or would like to chat about this training please don't hesitate to contact Bryony:
Phone: 07941 006285
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Join us for this 90min workshop to introduce you to Mindfulness.
In this workshop we’ll explore what mindfulness is, experience two mindfulness meditation practices and discuss how mindfulness can be part of everyday life in simple and enjoyable ways.
This is a stand-alone workshop but we will also briefly introduce you to the full 8 week Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) programme for anyone who would like to take this practice further.
The workshop is led by Michaela Stewart who is trained in MBCT and continues to practice with leading mindfulness teacher Dr Patrizia Collard.
There is no need to have any previous meditation experience to do this workshop and all props provided.
Spaces are limited to 8 participants so please book by contacting
Dates: Sunday 18th August 2019
Time: 4 - 5.30pm
Investment for this workshop is £15 to be paid in advance.
More info can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/530069664488143/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Join us for a day of demystifying the ancient mantras and mudras that form the basis of today’s yoga practices. Summon your inner child as you sit back and listen to stories of the most prolific Indian deities and understand more about their meaning and influence. Practice both standing and seated mudras that you can integrate to your own practice.
This workshop is designed for those wishing to deepen their personal practice, teachers of all forms of yoga, students and for those wanting to share with children.
Gathering in this safe and welcoming space we will chant, create, move and learn together in a powerful day of understanding and fun. Includes a vegan Ayurvedic lunch, Mala bracelet making, lesson plans and suggestions to take away.
Only a few spaces left now.
Date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Time: 11 - 6pm
Investment for this workshop is £90 + booking fee
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mudras-mantras-and-mythology-a-deep-dive-into-the-foundations-of-yoga-tickets
Or more details can be found on www.yogabeez.com
The aim of these monthly workshops is to create a nourishing, nurturing space for woman at all stages of life to connect with themselves and also to sit in a circle of support with other women.
The sessions will include deep relaxation in the form of yoga nidra, restorative yoga, delicious, flowing, nourishing movement practices with mudra (hand gestures to direct energy flow) and will end
with a chance to chat with herbal tea and chocolate to share.
Investment for this two-hour workshop is £20.
Email email@example.com to book.
2:30 - 4pm
Open to runners of all levels from recreational to competitive, whether training for short sprints or long distance or just enjoy the occasional jog! (No previous Pilates experience necessary).
This workshop will provide you with a take-home Pilates based exercise programme to complement your existing training. Designed to maintain and enhance your running
performance, with focus on optimum technique and the prevention of common running injuries.
For any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost is £20 and you can book your spot now via our online booking system
Please note we have a 24 hour cancellation policy for this workshop.