We have some great workshops and trainings coming up this year. Scroll down to read more about the following:
- Yogabeez Children's Yoga Teacher Training
- Well Woman's Circle
- Pilates for Runners
- 8 Week Mindfulfness and Well-being Course
- Mudras, Mantras and Mythology
Module 1 Foundation Course
Teach Yoga and Mindfulness to Children aged 2 - 12 years
Date: 5th - 8th March 2020 (At Peckham Studio)
Time: 10am - 6pm daily
YogaBeez is a registered Children‘s Yoga School offering a 4-day practical Foundation Course - Teaching Yoga to Children - or a full 95 hour (Foundation and Advanced modules with a mentorship programme and certification, which is accredited with Yoga Alliance.
This 4-day Foundation Teacher training is available to yoga teachers, nursery and primary school teachers, therapists or parents who want to start introducing yoga into the lives of children they work with. It focuses on nursery, preschool and primary school age children, and the foundations for teaching a well-rounded class. YogaBeez incorporates all aspects of the traditional yoga practice blended with Montessori philosophy and works of Howard Gardner and Thich Nhat Hanh to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child.
Fee: £600 or early bird fee booked 8 weeks in advance - £550
What we cover in the weekend:
* Explore the brief history of yoga and the 8 fold path
* Stages of Child Development (ages 2-12)
* Learn how to incorporate education and exercise of the “Whole” child
* Explore the educators, yogi's and psychologists who have inspired this program
* Discuss the ethics of a good teacher yoga teacher
* Discover and practice classroom management skills
* Practice and play with essential warm ups, breathing techniques and child appropriate poses
* Have fun with partner poses and group yoga games
* See how yoga comes to life with music and books
* Experience the joy of affirmations and relaxation
* Observation, discussion, preparation and teaching a class with this age group.
What you will receive:
* 4 days of practical, hands-on children's yoga
* Detailed manual of poses, philosophy, teaching tips, book list, lesson plans and much more
* Lesson plans and ideas to create many more
* Foundation certificate for Teaching Yoga to Children
* Access to Liability insurance
* Continuing education hours if you are registered with Yoga Alliance
Module 2 Advanced Course
Teach Yoga and Mindfulness to children and young people/teens.
Also included yoga for children with additional needs.
Date: 15th - 20th February2020
Time: 9.30am - 6.30pm daily
This 6-day training and is open to children's yoga teachers who would like to further their knowledge and understanding of children's yoga mindfulness for children ages 3 - 18yrs.
We delve into the world of anatomy and physiology, basic first aid, more advanced poses, mindfulness and meditation for children, writing
guided imagery, further classroom management, nutrition and healthy living, social and emotional development, group and partner poses.
The second half of the training focuses on working with teens, their development (body, brain, social, emotional etc) through the ages 12 – 18yrs. We introduce working with students who have special needs. Explore pranayama, vinyasa, massage and nutrition.
After mind mapping, lesson planning and creating original guided imagery with your group, you will teach a hands-on children's or teen yoga class. Throughout the training your own yoga practice and inner exploration will continue to deepen and we will look further at getting your classes up and running, contacting schools, social media etc.
Fee: £850 or early bird fee booked 8 weeks in advance - £800
What we cover over 6 days:
* Social and Emotional Development 5 -11 yrs
* Yoga Poses and Breath work suitable for Primary School age
* Anatomy and physiology
* Affirmations and guided imagery
* Mindfulness and meditation for all ages
* Partner poses and group games
* Nutrition and healthy living
* Props, music and books
* Mind mapping and Lesson planning
* Classroom management
* Anatomy and physiology of adolescents - development through the teens.
* The changes in the brain
* Neuroscience and Mindfulness
* Teen stress and media influence
* Yoga asana and vinyasa
* Pranayama for teens
* Restorative Yoga and Massage
* Chakras, chanting, mudras and mantras
* Intro to Yoga for children with special needs
* Tips for setting up your Yoga practice
* Contacting schools and social media
* Basic first aid, health and safety, insurance,
* Liability release etc.
Contact details for further info and booking form:
Phone: 07941 006285
The aim of these monthly workshops is to create a nourishing, nurturing space for woman at all stages of life to connect with themselves and also to sit in a circle of support with other women.
The sessions will include deep relaxation in the form of yoga nidra, restorative yoga, delicious, flowing, nourishing movement practices with mudra (hand gestures to direct energy flow) and will end
with a chance to chat with herbal tea and chocolate to share.
Investment for this two-hour workshop is £22.50.
Email email@example.com to book.
Sunday January 26th
11am - 12:30pm
Open to runners of all levels from recreational to competitive, whether training for short sprints or long distance or just enjoy the occasional jog! (No previous Pilates experience necessary). This workshop will provide you with a take-home Pilates based exercise programme to complement your existing training. Designed to maintain and enhance your running performance, with focus on optimum technique and the prevention of common running injuries.
For any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost is £20
Please note we have a 48 hour cancellation policy for this workshop.
Mindfulness is training the mind in a state of awareness. Stepping back to consciously observe thoughts and noticing the patterns of the mind, enabling participants to step out of auto-pilot and appreciate and acknowledge the present moment.
This 8-week Mindfulness for wellbeing course will be every Friday afternoon at the Gaia Studio, Peckham Rye from 12-2.30pm starting Friday 24th Jan – Friday
13th March. (Please note it will not be possible for participants to miss the first session and should be able to commit to the whole 8 weeks of the course, as far as possible) During the course
you will be provided with materials and recordings in order to create your own mindfulness practice at home.
Expect to be guided through meditation practices from 3mins up to 40mins. These practices will be done as a group (max.8) but should also be practiced at home in between sessions.
This course will be led by Michaela Stewart who is trained in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy or MBCT, she is supervised by Dr Patrizia Collard one of Europe’s leading and most experience mindfulness teachers and author.
Cost of this programme is £222 which includes:
Please inform Michaela if you are over 65+, unwaged, a full time student, or require a concession price for other purposes with valid I.D, offered at a 15% reduction.
Dates: 8 Consecutive Friday’s from the 24th of Jan – Friday 13th Mar
24th Jan, 31st Jan, 7th Feb, 14th Feb, 21st Feb, 28th Feb, 6th Mar, 14th Mar
Time: 12.00 – 2.30pm
Join us for a day of demystifying the ancient mantras and mudras that form the basis of today’s yoga practices. Summon your inner child as you sit back and listen to stories of the most prolific Indian deities and understand more about their meaning and influence. Practice both standing and seated mudras that you can integrate to your own practice.
This workshop is designed for those wishing to deepen their personal practice, teachers of all forms of yoga, students and for those wanting to share with children.
Gathering in this safe and welcoming space we will chant, create, move and learn together in a powerful day of understanding and fun. Includes a vegan Ayurvedic lunch, Mala bracelet making, lesson plans and suggestions to take away.
Spaces are limited.
Date: TBC 2020
Time: 11.30 - 5.30pm
Investment for this workshop is £90
For Bookings Email: email@example.com
Or more details can be found on www.yogabeez.com